Last modified: August 26, 2020
PPE Access Canada Inc. (“Company", “PPE Access” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users ("you");
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website ppeaccess.ca our "Website"); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information, when used for the purpose of communicating with you in relation to your profession.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; or
- when we otherwise ask for personal information and you provide it.
Your continued use of this Website after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, passwords, billing and account information, occupation and place of work, and any other identifier we may use to contact you or determine your eligibility for the products and services offered by us ("personal information").
You may unsubscribe from our updates or opt-out of contact for on an ongoing basis by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. .
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information you Provide to us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to updates about our services, or requesting further information.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, including financial information you provide when placing an order through our Website; and
- user comments, feedback, and other submissions you provide directly to us by e-mail or otherwise.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; or
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to determine your eligibility for the products and services offered by us;
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us (for example, we will use your billing information and delivery information to fulfill your transactions);
- to notify you if we must change or cancel your orders;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all PPE Access’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PPE Access about our customers and users is among the assets transferred;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to carry out the purposes we describe in this policy (for example we may provide your information to analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization, or to third party logistics and shipping services to ship and deliver products ordered by you) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PPE Access, our customers, or others (for example, to detect and prevent fraud).
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to carry out the purposes described in this policy (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Unsubscribe from Updates from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to provide you with updates and information about our products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a general email describing our products or services, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information we collect is stored on secure servers and never saved onto personal or unsecured laptops, desktops, smartphones, or other computer devices. Any payment transactions are processed through secure and encrypted third-party providers.
Personal information may be accessed by persons from our organization, or third-party service providers, who may require such access to carry out the purposes described in this policy. Personal information we collect is managed from our offices in Kitchener.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- information protected by solicitor-client privilege;
- information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process;
- information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information; and
- information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our David Hussey (Chief Operating Officer) at email@example.com.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
David Hussey, Chief Operating Officer
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact David Hussey using the contact information listed above.